Concord Academy Provides a Caring Environment, Small Classes,
Small Student-to-Teacher Ratios, Personal Attention, Acceptance, and Respect.
- We group students according to skill level.
- We offer a flexible, modified curriculum in all subject areas.
- We break complex concepts into simple steps and present material in smaller increments.
- We give students smaller assignments and increased time to complete them.
- We teach competency skills required to earn a regular diploma and build a strong general knowledge base.
- We present students with achievable goals and challenge them to reach their personal best, which builds self-esteem and confidence.
- We incorporate multisensory methods of instruction, guided practice, and repetition.
- We provide typical high school social opportunities through activities such as Spirit Week, field trips, school dances, an awards banquet, a prom, and graduation ceremony.
- We encourage and arrange school and community service experiences.
- We teach the whole child by providing social, emotional, pre-vocational, transitional, and academic guidance.
- We address social skills and character development throughout the school day to promote proper behavior and improved decision-making skills.
- We provide awareness of learning differences and disabilities, career awareness, and health awareness.
- We offer classes in transition and teen/adult living, relationship skill building, and conflict management to promote health and career awareness.
- We offer on-site group therapy and counseling with a licensed professional counselor.
- We offer multiple, on-site computer-based remediation programs that help minimize cognitive deficits.